HELP PAGES AND TOPICS
- About Bill Sodeman and billso.com
- Academic honesty
- APA formatting and style
- Article titles
- Categories for articles and pages
- Comments about articles and pages on this blog
- Courses that I teach at Hawaii Pacific University
- Finding references for papers and assignments
- Mobile support for PDAs, smartphones, mobile phones, iPhones and iPods
- RSS feeds that readers can use to receive new posts automatically in a feedreader or email application
- Tags displayed in a cloud, with links to archive pages for each tag.
If you have a suggestion for a new service, email me.
The menu at the top of the site has links to several landing pages and features.
Almost every page, post and article on this blog is available through several landing pages:
- site search – available at the top of the right sidebar, along with a Google search field.
- sitemap – a list of every page and the most recent articles on the site, along with a list of monthly archives.
- direct access through URLs — students do not need to log into Campus Pipeline to access this blog.
- lists of related posts or articles, appearing on some articles and pages.
I use the terms “posts” and “articles” interchangeably – they mean the same thing. These pages are linked to specific dates on the site calendar, and they’ll appear on the home page, as well as the daily, monthly and annual archive pages.
I also maintain dedicated pages for my courses and specific topics. Pages are not linked to a specific date, but they do display the most recent date they were edited.
I’ve added print-friendly links on the pages and articles. The print-friendly links had been removed on 5 April 2008 because of a software bug. (Added 16 May 2008)
Mobile and PDA users are automatically directed to a specially formatted version of the site at m.billso.com. Our server detects and supports most mobile web browsers. (added March 2007, updated February 2008)
There’s a calendar on most pages of this site. Links display the posts for specific days. I also list assignment due dates on the calendar for my courses.
Our favicon appears in the address bar of most web browsers. This is a miniature version of the mighty billso logo. Look for this icon in your bookmarks, favorites, newsreader and address bar.
BILLSO.COM FEATURES THAT HAVE BEEN DEPRECATED OR REMOVED
I was using reCAPTCHA as a spam deterrent in the comments boxes. I added the feature on 6 June 2007, and disabled it on 5 May 2008.
I used to repost my articles on Facebook but I stopped that service in Janaury 2008, because Facebook doesn’t provide efficient tools for managing comments on its site.
Our custom button allows users to search the entire site within the Google Toolbar. Free software required. Supports Internet Explorer and Firefox on Windows and the Mac. (added 6 June 2007)